Tecnologia do Blogger.

First Post

quinta-feira, 13 de agosto de 2009

Well... everybody has a blog, and I often read them.

While reading and being inspired by a Jeanne Lovetri's post on singing, I thought to myself that I might have things to say about life and about art, things that other people might want to read but most important things that I want to express, to formulate, to organize in my mind through writing.

Maybe then I won't bother my friends so much with my talking...(hahaha)

But why start it in English?

Maybe because sometimes when I talk to myself I do it in English, a reminescence of Jamaican times I guess, (the year I lived there was probably the most defining in my life), or just a colony complex, this feeling that things sound cooler in other languages, like French and English, I personally love portuguese, it's a fascinating language, my language. But English does something to the way I feel, I miss talking with other people in it.

Also I was feeling inspired by a blog I was reading in English...

Well, I just felt like doing it! And so much of what I do is aimed at other people needs, like teaching for example, that I feel I need to do stuff I want, to figure out things I wanna do and do them, that is an important part of being an artist and I have been neglecting that for a long time. I want this blog to be for me (but I hope others might be interested in it). There's a pro though, foreigners will be able to read it, and it's also good practice for brazilians studying the language.

Probably my other posts will be in Portuguese, I don't know... I also don't know if anyone will care to read this kind of personal posts... but I'll write about more interesting stuff next time.

I guess that's it. If anyone reads this, thank you!!!
Leave a comment, it will be a first for me!

Anônimo –   – (26 de outubro de 2009 às 12:29)  

Well... I have a "rule"... if you can say it is a rule: The more personal, the more universal.

So if this blog is for you, then it is for everybody else (since it is a public blog, not a private one).

Anyway, even knowing you personally, it is quite different to read written words (duh... if it's written, we're supposed to read... nevermind), though not less pleasant... well... maybe I do miss beer or coffee...

And actually, I believe language does make a difference. It is good for practice and it is good to "learn how to think in a different structure". I'm not specially into linguistics, but I have a clear impression that it does make a difference, even on the logical structure of an argument or whatever.

I'm following your blog dude!

Mr. D.
(Geez, it sounds like a rapper...)

Postar um comentário

Diz Aí:

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP